Friday, August 29, 2008

If A Toddler Falls on His Face, And No One is There to See Him Fall, Does He Make a Sound?

Here's my latest child-development experiment:

I see that Grayson is about to hit his face on an edge or run straight into a wall, trip on a toy or his blankie, take a tumble off his John Deer tractor (which I'm obsessed with, by the way. I seriously ride that thing to the bathroom every morning. It's way better than walking, that's for sure) and instead of running toward him to be of comfort, I make a b-line outta there. Out of the room, or the hall, or Grayson's view, so when he falls and looks for me to acknowledge his incident, I am nowhere to be found. He looks for me, readying himself for tears, and then seeing that I'm not looking at him, brushes himself off and keeps going about his business merrily.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Every. Single. Time.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



So the answer is: no-- when a toddler falls on his face and a parent is not there to see him fall, he does NOT make a sound.



Because he's a tough kid. They're all tough kids. But they're also tricky little suckers, humoring the fact that we're all psycho-in-love, which is sweet and adorable and lovely, until about the 67817623th time.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Which is why, now, when Grayson trips and falls I look the other way until he's back on his feet. Up and running full speed ahead like nothing in the world could ever stop him.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


And he's right. Nothing can.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That little booger!!!

aww, I love the squishy tushy link under MOM STUFF...:)