Friday, January 2, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Once upon a time, New Years Eve was a night to prepare for. Perfect shoes. Perfect outfit. Perfect plans. Parties. Get-ready-to-go-out-music blasting. I always had a special dress for the occasion. And plenty of substances to abuse. (Just kidding, Mom.) ;)

Except somehow, every New Years Eve ended up disappointing. It was always so much hype and then, "Bam!", "Happy New Year". Nothing. Just another chance to act silly and kiss boys at midnight.

Last year was a little different, we had little man and just decided to hang out at my BFF's for the night. I think between the 6 of us, we maybe finished one bottle of wine. Call it pathetic, but we actually had alot of fun just watching the kiddos run around and then after putting them to bed, had some serious talks. You know, like 'what color our child's poop was that morning and OMG, have you tried these new sippy cups? They are way fab!!!' The usual parent talk with parent friends.

Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed when we decided to stay in with Grayson this NYE. It was a relief. The perfect excuse to give my friends. The perfect excuse to give myself.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

"... Actually, we're just going to stay in and play Wii and drink cheap champagne."

"Really? That sounds really great. Can I come over?"

"Um. Sure, I guess. It's going to be really mellow. You'll have to whisper because, you know, Grayson's asleep at 8:00. There will be no noise-makers or anything like that, so we'll just have to snap quietly at midnight..."

"Oh, well....maybe next year!"

Somehow our lack-of-plans led to an amazing night in with my boys.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
And it was the greatest New Years Eve ever. Grayson was too cute in his party hat and thought that toasting Mommy and Daddy with his ginger ale was "way cool".

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
He ate lasagna with us, tooted his horn for a bit,

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
and was off to bed like a good little boy.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
He slept soundly through the festivities.....me getting my heiny kicked by my ex-tennis-pro-husband and who knew he was an awesome bowler, too??? Is it possible to get tennis elbow in one night of playing Wii?

Needless to say, the night was magic. I mean, who wouldn't rather hang out with her two favorite boys and "party a-n-i-m-a-l"

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
, chilling on the couch instead of going out on the town and paying way too much for a glass of champagne?? Not me I tell you, not me. (Or, like I've done so many times in the past, get stuck in line at some supposed-to-be-cool-when-really-it's-just-full-of-creepy-dudes-with-too-much-Joop-cologne-club come midnight.)


Maybe next year we will have a Bring Your Own Baby Night and party with all of our friends again....who knows??

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! We will be discussing resolutions at a later date.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love the title of this post!
Cute pictures and glad you had a great new year. I wrote on Miss Priss' bottom too (well her diaper) Have a wonderful weekend!!!