Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Don't Call Him Daughter"

When Grayson was a newborn baby, he was often confused as being a girl. I didn't care. I refused to subscribe to the common powder-blue "it's a boy!" newborn attire. He wore yellow and red sometimes and the occasional turquoise onesie that said, "Ladies Man" and was thus commonly referred to as "a sweet little girl", with his sweet little faux hawk and all.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Whatev......

Half the time I went along with it. Because who the heck cares? They all look like girls at that age. Or boys. Same diff, right?

"She's adorable! What's her name?"

"Bob."

"Is Bob short for something, or..."

"Nope. Just Bob."



But when yesterday a woman told her sassy-stealing daughter to "leave the little girl alone and please give HER back HER pacifier," and was referring to Grayson as said "little girl" I got pissed. Because DUH! Does this child look like a girl to you? (Hint: "Heck no!")

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Unfortunately, for once in my camera-happy-to-the-point-of-complete-annoyance-to-everyone-around-me, I did not take a single photo of Grayson yesterday. (He was wearing a t-shirt with a metal-guitar-dude, camo pants and a beanie that said "I'M A FRIGGIN BOY YOU IDIOT!" Seriously.)


I know how stupid this probably sounds, I mean I know he's a boy and I like longer hair on boys, but I said nothing. Instead I nodded sweetly to the blind lady and her "annoying little boy with a hot pink bow and pigtails" and walked away.

Sheesh.....get a clue lady or just keep your mouth shut!

1 comment:

Andréa said...

What an idiot. Seriously. He looks NOTHING like a girl. Blugh. I would've started calling her girl a HE.