Tuesday, September 22, 2009

G. D. O.

A couple of months ago, while we were living with Mimi and Pappi, I decided to start a new tradition. I would choose one day out of the week, to do something fun....just me and you. A Grayson's Day Out (G.D.O.).

It wouldn't be anything expensive.....maybe a cheap-date lunch at Pei Wei or McDonald's, a day at the park, a picnic, or just going to get some ice cream and letting you get messy.

I live for these days. I need them. And I know you do, too!

You do everything I ask you to do during the week. "Grayson, Mommy needs to go to Walmart, let's get your shoes on and be a big boy" or "Grayson, Mommy has to run up to Walgreen's so I can get my free candles, printer ink, and flu shot....let's go".

Never, "hey Gray....let's run around outside in our diaper all day and blow bubbles" or "I know, let's draw on the walls with your new Crayola Markers!"

I want you to think of me as the "fun parent" every once in a while. I know I don't play XBOX or Wii with you like Daddy or let you eat pizza every time he's at work, but I want you to have fun with me, too.

So today, that's just what we did!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We went to Gatti Town and ate "pete's-a-pete's" (your word for pizza) and we played till we were worn out!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
Monday's, mommies eat free and because you are 2, you don't know the difference between an arcade game that is out of order and one that needs 75 cents to play. Score for Mommy!!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

You are content just sitting in the seat and moving the stick shift back and forth, while steering the steering wheel. You don't need it to say, "On your mark, get set, goooooo", because in your eyes, you are doing all the work!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

I know this will probably only last another year or two, so I will enjoy the free arcade games while I can.

We played and played and played. We got a blue balloon. We even threw the biggest two-year-old fit I'm willing to bet, was the biggest that place had ever seen.

All in all, it was a great day! A perfect G.D.O., in my book.

Now it's off to naptime, my dear, sweet, angelic, little, precious boy.

I really appreciate the dagger eyes.....really I do.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Nana said...

You are the BEST mommie ever!! Grayson is one blessed little boy!