Saturday, October 29, 2011

Homecoming Parade

It was a hot and steamy September day.  Daddy was working out of town and Mommy had had about enough of the "I'm Bored"....."I Need A Snack"....."I Don't Need A Nap, I'm In School Now"......"MAAAAAMAAAAA".

So she packed up her Littles, with rain boots and umbrellas and brown paper sacks and headed to what seemed like a promising fun adventure.....despite the rain.


Did I mention "free entertainment"?



No this wasn't our town's Homecoming.....but who are you to judge?




With a hop, skip, and a jump across Highway 380, we had found happiness.



It was Downtown Prosper's Homecoming Parade and it delivered!!



With floats and firemen



horses and candy





Grayson and Sister made out like bandits!

Good thing since Halloween was going to be a letdown this year....more on that later.





Did I mention the dancing????



This was Bubba's happy dance:


To him, those kids on the floats were just as awesome as any famous pop star or NFL player.



And I.....I was the Awesome Mommy who let them eat Sonic for supper and sucker after sucker after sucker for dessert.


But all the sugar in the world couldn't have been sweeter than this.



This is my life. Everyday.






I heart days like this!

No comments: