Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Girl & Her Really Fabulous Party





I could go the complete sappy, I'm-gonna-cry route where I wax on about what the day really meant--that she's three. That she's taught me so much this past year. That three years actually separates me from the moment her little self was placed in my outstretched arms and my old heart was replaced with a new one.





But I won't...because that gets it's own post. But I will tell you about her party.


Parties are my thing.









I thrive on planning them. I don't throw many these days...except when it comes to celebrating the moment they entered my world. Because I can't think of anything better to celebrate so big than a birthday. A Birth Day. The Birth of love and wonder and goodness like no other.







So, we go big. And after months of planning, when it's all unleashed, I cry.








I cry watching all the Littles arrive...watching my girl's big eyes and shy smile and realization that this is all to celebrate her life. Her day.






I cry hearing music and laughter and mamas and kids and knowing that this day celebrates not only the joy she brings to us but the joy our friends bring to her.


With no further ado...a very fabulous Princess And The Pea Party for my love, my girl, my Priss Pot, my sprite, for turning 3.

No comments: