Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hair Today......Gone Forever

S.....I.....G.....H! Sorry I have been gone for a couple of days. My son got a hair cut from his Daddy (no, not with my permission) on Saturday, while I was at the spa...and I've just been kinda "blah" ever since. You would've thought I was 6 months pregnant by the way my emotions got the best of me! I cried for a good while, then just sat with my arms crossed, in a kind of "huff", and I think I even put on some kind of pouty lip. After about half an hour of this, I decided it wasn't going to grow back, so I might as well just put my big girl panties on and deal with it. I know, I know...it WAS a little out of control and a bit funny looking , too. When your little angel's coif is referred to as "troll doll hair", it kind of puts things in to perspective.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

The hubs and I had discussed giving him a trim...ME GIVING HIM A TRIM...I just didn't think it needed to be done so soon. I was gonna wait a couple of more years..er, weeks, I mean. ;)

So....spa you say? Why yes, I do say! The aforementioned hubs was up to some good by surprising me with a late Christmas present. I was minding my business, probably blogging, one glorious afternoon. When much to my astonishment, there was a knock at the door. Now, we NEVER get visitors at the honeycomb hideout, so I was a little leery going to the door. But, when my eyes peeped through the peep hole and saw little brown shorts and a package (no, not a package IN the brown shorts, that came out wrong) my heart started to race! Woo hoo..."I'm getting something, I'm getting something" my body started doing some kind of jig while unlocking the dead bolt.

As I autographed the handheld, my heart started beating a little faster. I kindly said "thank you" to the UP's man and started ripping through the cardboard. Now, you may ask, "Missy, how did you know it was for you?" Well, I just had a feelin'. So as I quickly glanced at the sender's address, just to make sure, I saw the words...are you ready for this, people? SPAWISH.COM. What? What's a "spawish"? Ohhhh, duh....Spa Wish! Mani's, pedi's, and rubs...oh my! I started doing the jig again.

So, now for the best part.

A week and a half went by, and though my body longed for a "spa day", I just didn't have the time. I had put the gift certificate in a place for safe keeping (next to the computer) so every time I payed bills or checked my email it would just stare at me. "I don't have time for you. Maybe in March I will use you for a little "birthday primping"", I said. It just rolled it's little gift certificate eyes and huffed "whatever".

Yadda Yadda.... so, Kev got the flu, we went to my parents, came home, walked in the door completely exhausted, and this is what I found:

A card, on top of the bar, that read,

To: My beautiful wife and the mother of my son
From: The man of your dreams

Missy,

" A day of beauty & relaxation awaits you...
start your day off right with breakfast - you have a long day & you'll need your strength!
1. Be in Frisco by 10am for your hair appt w/ the young, blond Jessica.
2. Make sure you get to downtown McKinney for the best part!
You're 3 1/2 hours of relaxation is at Essence of Eve Day Spa at 1pm.
You'll want to get there early so they can wine & dine you!

You deserve this baby,
I love you!"
~Kevin

My heart did somersaults! I looked at Kev with his little flu-face and saw a smirk. He was proud of himself for pulling off such a romantic gesture and I for him! Even though he was on his death bed, he still planned a whole afternoon for me to get pampered. Awe honey! He really is an amazing man and I love him so much!! I am So incredibly lucky to have him as my husband. I mean, come on...what man would go to such lengths as trying to find out who colors your hair and THEN booking an appt with them on a busy Saturday?
I'll tell you who! Kevin Neal Richards, that's who!

So, now you know why I can't stay mad at him for cutting off the Al Sharpton-esque tuft! I'm getting used to it, although he does look even MORE like his Daddy now!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

1 comment:

Andréa said...

Aww that is so sweet!! I love LOVE LOVE Grayson's hair by the way! So manly :D