Friday, January 18, 2008

Time....Where Did You Go?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! I was just reading a fellow blogger's entry about her son turning 2 in a few weeks. As she was poetically waxing about this monumental feat, all I could think was NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Though I post a "Happy Birthday Baby" entry every month to commemorate Grayson's "new" age it is always tinged a tad with bittersweet sentiment for me. Heck, I used to cry every Friday because he was turning a week older. When did that stop? I thought for sure I would still be doing it his sophomore year of high school. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Gray grow and change and develop into the kick-ass kid (and man - gasp!) I know he is destined to be, I just HATE that it is happening so incredibly, ridiculously fast.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Since day one (literally), I have always heeded the advice of others: "Enjoy every day, they grow up so fast." I thought if I took the time to truly marinate in every moment, every milestone then I wouldn't be so sad to see them replaced with new moments, new milestones.

WRONG!

I have realized that moms (or is it just me?) live in a world replete with contradictions: YAY! Grayson's rolling over! Or YAY! He's eating peas! Wait, what? Grayson's rolling over and eating peas? You mean he's chomping down on real food? What happened to cuddling on the couch with a boob?

Arrgghh! It's exhausting being so inexplicably torn between two emotions flanked on either side of the spectrum.

Time flies by. My emotions stand still. And this mommy needs a nap from both.

P.S. Grayson, could you just stay little for a while longer? Please? With a cherry on top?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

lets find a way to keep them little forever!
I am about ot flip about the 2 year mark!

Michelle said...

They do grow so fast but they just get more fun as they grow! Its a catch 22. XOXO