Monday, January 7, 2008

Here a Germ, There a Germ, Everywhere a Germ Germ....

After Thursday nights Spawn Fest at the Cheesecake Factory and my friend's sweet baby girl getting pink eye, I decided enough was enough. Grayson, Kevin, and I would go live in a bubble somewhere that accepted dogs, too. But THEN, Kevin came home from work Friday night with some kind of germatic cough so he's not invited anymore. I sent him off to Care Now and he came back with a Zpack and some codine cough syrup. Sometime during the night our air conditioner was "turned down magically" to 60*! I woke up with icicles on my eyelashes and turned over to find my beloved husband sweating like a 8 month preggo in July! I sent his butt to the couch and Saturday morning he woke up with 102* temp. I sent him back to the doctor and quickly packed up everything I owned and headed east to my parents. I got a call later from him saying that he had the flu....THE FLU!!!! Augh! So being the germaphobe mom that I am, I pulled over on the side of the road and sanitized my little boys hands and face with my antibacterial wipes that are oh so handy (Grayson just looked at me with this little blank stare...probably wonderin'..."what the heck, lady?!")

Ten hours later (not really...they live close to Kaufman, so like, 45 min), we arrived at Nana and Pawpaw's house. Sigh....finally, out in the country where we could breathe in some fresh air and not worry about contagious attackers looking to jump down our throats.

I love, love, LOVE going to my parents house! I call it "Hotel Moody" because the sheets are like a 1000 threadcount and gourmet meals are at your fingertips. They live in a place where you can leave your back door unlocked and your windows open. You can even watch the sun come up from their back porch. Most houses don't even have fences in their back yards...can you imagine? You can wear jeans on the golf course and head over to DQ for a blizzard whenever you want.

So early Sat afternoon, we went to eat at a little hole-in-the-wall mexican food joint(aren't those the best?) and then stopped by a resale shop where we found some great bargain toys for Grayson. Nana bought him a shiny red car to ride and I bought him a sesame street walker to go explorin' in. We were so excited to get back to try out our new gems! Pawpaw grilled burgers for dinner and then we went on an expedition around the block.
Check out Grayson in his new car! How does he know to put his hands on the wheel?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

"Thanks Pawpaw, I was thirsty!"

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

"Look Momma, no hands!"

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

So Cool!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

I wish Daddy wasn't sick

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Thanks Nana, you're the best!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Our little man was pooped after the burgers...he slept all night. What is it about Nana's house? I sleep better, too. Maybe it's because I know when I wake up I'm getting homeade waffles, eggs, and bacon....so spoiled!
It was another gorgeous day outside on Sunday so we decided to go around the block again.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Grayson loves this thing...he cried when we took him out! So we let him try his walker and he started cruisin'. My parents floors are all tile and wood so this made Mr. Chubby Legs scoot all over the place.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Now, it's Monday and Daddy is still sick. I guess we'll just HAVE to stay another night.....darn!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The second to last pic is my FAV!! SOOOO CUTE!! Such a big boy!

Andréa said...

Grayson is getting cuter by the second! I can't stand it. You guys are so cute! Tell Kev if he needs anything to call! I can bring him soup or whatever he needs, poor guy!