Sunday, April 25, 2010

What If She Isn't.... A She?

I had a dream the other night that I gave birth to triplet boys. Obviously this was just a dream. There's only one baby in there (thank you Jesus) but I got to thinking afterward about the accuracy of ultrasounds.

If you're like me, you hear stories every day about your mom's friend's friend's sister-in-law's neice who was told she was having a girl, painted the nursery pink, personalized all towels, onesies and bedding with her (would have been) initials only to hear the nurses shriek, "IT'S A BOY!" upon delivery. One rarely hears these stories in reverse, however. Boy parts look very penis-like on ultrasounds, while girl parts look kind of like... un-penises. Regardless, I'm sure there are plenty of stories of parents who painted the room blue and bought monster-truck bedding for the crib only to welcome a girl. I've just never heard one.

Nothing is ever 100% accurate.

I've had a total of two ultrasounds. Only one of those has confirmed that it's a girl. But......just what if.......?

Not that I don't adore boys. My favorite little person in the world

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
is one and I'm totally a boy mom. I don't know the first thing about mothering a daughter and have been practicing with dolls these last four months BUT BUT BUT BUUUUUUUT.... You see...


...I've been shopping*:


Boho-dorable Dress by: Baby Sara


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Heart Onesie Dress by: Twirls and Twigs

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Alot:


Dress by: Misha LuLu (my all-time favorite girly clothes designer, btw.)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


French Holiday OMG cuteness, made by: Hula Mula

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


She's got a closet full of 0-2T and she is still in the womb. I have a feeling that Daddy is in trouble....."No honey, I didn't pay the cable bill because I had to buy this amazingly, adorable dress for Christmas 2015".


Heck! I've even been thinking of taking up sewing just so that I can make dresses for a fraction of the price.....but remember when I told you we put stickers on Gray's Easter eggs instead of dyeing them????? Yeh....I'm not really the Martha-Stewart-esqe kind of Mom.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



And tags? Ha! I've ripped tags off pretty much everything already, washed the layette in Dreft. (You know the drill....)and I still have 3 1/2 months to go.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



I will say this: There's no monogrammed towels or bloomers (just haven't gotten around to it, is the thing) and no pink walls...wait, scratch that....as of this past weekend there are now very much indeed pink walls and girly bedding (pictures to come).....so if she does happen to be born with a penis, well?

Weeeeellllll????? Then, like it or not, (he'd) have to wear dresses. Which also means that when it came time for the kid to be put in therapy? I'd just bill my OB.

There. I feel SO much better now that I have a back-up plan.

*I am not wealthy, nor do I try to look like or act like I am.....all adorable outfits were purchased from my favorite re-sale shop in South Lake for under $10......a piece.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I struggled BIT TIME with this. And my old OB said with girls he never gives anyone a 100% :) JOY! So I worried my entire pregancy and with Emma I even bought one newborn baby boy outfit and brought it to the hospital (just in case!).

Lindsay said...

Oh Momma, you did good!! Little girls are so much fun! I can only pray and dream that I have another one!! It's okay ma'm, remember my dream about your baby?? She was a GIRL, so no need to worry about that! :) I'll tell you what you need to focus on..... the fact that she was a wopping 20 lbs at birth! HA! But she did have a full head of dark brown hair and you know what that means....BOWS!!!!!

Michelle said...

I heard the same stories when I was pregnant with Grace. SO ANNOYING! She was obviously a girl and....so is yours! I just love her already! Big bows here you come! XOOX

THE BAKER FAMILY said...

Oh you will be a great mom to your precious little girl. And if you have any problems or need help Paige is just right down the street. Love you